1) According to your textbook, what is the most accurate statement regarding comparing the effects of
medication with the effects of psychotherapy for the treatment of anxiety disorders?
Brain activity associated with anxiety disorders can be normalized with medication. Psychotherapy can also normalize brain functioning for anxiety disorders.
For the treatment of anxiety disorders, psychotherapy appears to normalize the brain, and medication has little if any effect.
For the treatment of anxiety disorders, neither medications nor psychotherapies appear to have much effect on the brain.
For the treatment of anxiety disorders, medication appears to normalize the brain, and psychotherapy has little if any effect.
2)The relationship between stress and health is most accurately described by which of the statements below?
healthy coping and disease susceptibility are negatively correlated
healthy coping has an iatrogenic relationship with disease susceptibility
there is no relationship between healthy coping and disease susceptibility
healthy coping and disease susceptibility are positively correlated
3)Aimee has an intense fear of being in public places where escape may not be readily available. She is most likely to meet criteria for which of the following diagnosis?
generalized anxiety disoder
4) Despite repeated reassurances from many physicians, Kurt continues to worry that he has cancer. His level of worry is disruptive to his personal and professional life and has persisted for over a year. Which of the diagnoses below seem to best match this description?
illness anxiety disorder
somatic symptom disorder
5)Which statement below is the best description of a Dissociative fugue?
a condition in which two or more independent personality states appear to exist in one person
feelings of unreality concerning the self and the environment
lack of memory for a specific event or events
a generalized amnesia for one’s identity and life history that may be accompanied by bewildered wandering or purposeless travel.
6)Which statement about the validity of repressed memories is accurate?
Because hypnosis is the main way repressed memories are uncovered, we can be fairly certain they are valid memories, as hypnosis uncovers material deeply buried in one’s unconscious.
Research shows that repressed memories of sexual abuse are fabricated in almost every case.
Because people do not forget other traumatic events, repression must be the explanation for forgotten sexual abuse.
Determining the validity of memories dating from an early age is very difficult.
7)A psychologist says that the symptoms you are experiencing were most likely “iatrogenic.” What does that mean?
an unacceptable way of avoiding social responsibilities
an unintended result of therapy
caused by blocking the full expression of id impulses
a fictitious or made-up diagnosis
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25